|You will need the Adobe® Acrobat Reader to utilize the forms on this site. Click below to download. It's FREE! | |
LOUISIANA CEMETERY BOARD
3445 N. Causeway Boulevard, Suite 509
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
Telephone (504) 838-5267
Toll Free (866) 488-5267
Fax (504) 838-5289
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - COVID-19 LOAN PROGRAMS
We are aware there are loan programs available for small businesses in response to the Covid-19 emergency. In that regard, all cemeteries are reminded that La. R.S. 8:313 prohibits a cemetery from placing liens or encumbrances on cemetery property. Further, pursuant to La. R.S. 8:454.1(D) perpetual care and merchandise trust funds should not be pledged as security for loans as these funds are exempt from seizure. These laws do not mean that cemeteries cannot take advantage of such loans; however, dedicated cemetery property and perpetual care or merchandise trust funds cannot be used as collateral for such loans. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - COVID-19
IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY WE CALL YOUR ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
PROCLAMATION NUMBER 84-JBE-2020 REGARDING FUNERAL SERVICES AND INTERMENTS: 84-JBE-2020.
PROCLAMATION NUMBER 83-JBE-2020 ADDRESSING NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: 83-JBE-2020.
GUIDANCE FOR OUTDOOR RELIGIOUS AND PLACE OF WORSHIP DURING COVID-19 ISSUED BY THE OFFICE OF STATE FIRE MARSHAL MAY 1, 2020 Interpretive Memorandum 2020-24
GUIDANCE FOR CONDUCTING MEMORIAL SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY ISSUED BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. Guidance for Conducting Memorial
ANY WORKER HANDLING HUMAN REMAINS OF THOSE PERSONS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR COVID-19 SHOULD REVIEW THE OSHA HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES RELATED TO THIS VIRUS AT https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
DURING THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY, THE LOUISIANA CEMETERY BOARD STAFF IS WORKING REMOTELY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED ASSISTANCE YOU MAY CONTACT US VIA EMAIL OR BY CALLING THE BOARD’S OFFICE. DOCUMENTS, APPLICATIONS, AND REPORTS MAY BE SUBMITTED VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL, HOWEVER, ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, APPLICATION, REPORTS AND REQUIRED FEES MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA REGULAR MAIL.
Act 417 of the 1974 Louisiana Legislature created the Louisiana Cemetery Board. This Act now constitutes Title 8 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes, consisting of Chapters 1 through 13, both inclusive and Sections 1 through 906, both inclusive.
Listed below is a brief summary of the Louisiana Cemetery Board's functions:
- The Board meets at least twice a year and may meet at such other times as it may designate. (La. R.S. 8:65)
- The Board shall enforce and administer the provisions of Title 8. The Board may establish necessary rules and regulations for the administration and enforcement of Title 8 and prescribe the form of statements and reports provided for by law. (La. R.S. 8:66 through La. R.S. 8:67)
- The Board licenses Cemetery Authorities and Cemetery Sales and Management Organizations. (La. R.S. 8:70 through La. R.S. 8:76 and La. R.S. 8:401 through La. R.S. 8:408)
- The Board registers and/or catalogues Exempt Cemetery Authorities. (Chapter 7 of the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors and audits Perpetual Care Trust Funds in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:451 through La. R.S. 8:467 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors and audits Merchandise Trust Funds and Suppliers in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:501 through La. R.S. 8:511 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board monitors pre-construction and pre-development sales by Cemetery Authorities in accordance with the provision of law. (La. R.S. 8:606 & La. R.S. 8:706 and the Louisiana Cemetery Board Rules)
- The Board provides assistance to consumers through the timely handling of requests for information and mediation of consumer complaints.
Use the links below and to the left to navigate, and if you have questions or comments, write, call, or fax us at the contact information listed at the top of this page. If you have technical trouble with the site, please contact the Webmaster.